Friday, August 8, 2014

Miss Teen USA



I can't believe how quickly my journey to the national stage went by. I can't believe I competed for Miss Teen USA representing my incredible state exactly one week ago. And I can't believe that it's all over with after preparing for it every day for the past 8 months. 



Part of me is sad that my shot at becoming Miss Teen USA has already passed me by. After months of preparing, my few minutes of fame on stage quickly determined the next step in my life. And as much as I wanted that step to be moving to New York City as that one girl who won the crown, I couldn't be any happier with God's plan for me. 

My experience at Miss Teen USA is truly one I will cherish forever. Not only did I meet and befriend 50 beautiful and sweet girls from across the country, but I was chosen as a top 15 finalist amongst them. I earned Massachusetts a spot in the semi-finals for the first time in 6 years. Hearing my state's name called last in the top 15 announcement couldn't have given me a greater feeling of excitement and accomplishment. But hearing my friends and family roar every time I stepped onto the stage was an undescribable feeling.



So I didn't take the crown home, but I took home so much more. This entire experience has instilled me with confidence, poise, and gratitude. I gave it my everything and left it all on the stage. I have absolutely no regrets. I competed to the best of my ability and truthfully had so much fun doing it. 

I want to thank EVERYONE from the bottom of my heart for supporting me along this crazy journey. 

Thank you Katie Boyd for my rocking swimsuit body! (Pageant planet voted me as having the #1 body out of all 51 contestants!) I couldn't have done it without you!!



Thank you The Crowning Touch Inc. for my dream gown for the national stage!


To my family and friends who traveled to the Bahamas to cheer me on... You bring me to tears of pure happiness. I love you all to pieces. I'm so lucky to have loud, crazy loving people like you in my life. 



Team Massachusetts Forever xxo

4 months to go before I give up my title, I'm excited to make them count! 

No comments:

Post a Comment